800.443.8987 ♦ orders@eglomisedesigns.com ♦ Go to our Facebook page for announcements and new schools.

Bluff Point Lighthouse

Bluff Point Light, also known as the Valcour Island Light, on Valcour Island in Lake Champlain was in service from its construction in 1874 until 1930 and was one of the last lighthouses on Lake Champlain to be named. It is now part of Adirondack State Park and operated as a museum by the Clinton County Historical Association, an affiliate of the Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance. In 1930, the lighthouse ceased operation when a steel tower with an automated light was built to the south of the lighthouse, rendering the lighthouse obsolete. The lighthouse remained unlit until 2002 when the United States Coast Guard lit it in August 2002, although it was not officially put back into service until 2004. In the 1980s, the lighthouse became a part of Adirondack State Park and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has held the deed to the house since 1986 and pays for all maintenance. Since that time, the Clinton County Historical Association worked to restore the lighthouse and preserve it as a museum.

Reminiscent of the French églomisé style, our Traditional scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury.  Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver.  The paperweight, most glass products and “mini” products feature blue trim.  Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang.  Boxes include quality brass fittings.  Proudly made in America.





Related Items