Champlain College ~ Antique
Champlain College was founded in 1878, when G.W. Thompson opened Burlington Business School to prepare young men for “the business cares and responsibilities of life.” In 1884, when E. George Evans acquired the school, it became coeducational and changed its name to Queen City Business College. In 1905 it moved to Bank Street, and in 1910 to moved again to Main Street. A. Gordon Tittemore acquired the college in 1920, and renamed it Burlington Business College. In 1958, the College took on its current name and moved to its present location in the Hill Section of Burlington.
Reminiscent of a fine old English engraving, our Antique scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury. Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver. The paperweight is bordered in black and has a felt bottom. Picture, mirror and wood box are all matted with an antique white mat featuring blue and gold trim. Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang. Boxes include quality brass fittings. Proudly made in America.