In 1871, Jennie and Thomas Bryan gave land in Elmhurst to the German Evangelical Synod of the Northwest. In 1919, the name was changed to the Elmhurst Academy and Junior College. In 1924, the school was renamed Elmhurst College and became a four-year college for men. The college seal was designed in the 1920s by Robert Leonhardt, first registrar of the College, who also served as coach of the football team. Women first enrolled in 1930, and four years later, the college was accredited. The college began its graduate programs in 1998, and in 2012 the Elmhurst College School for Professional Studies (SPS) was established to offer a wide range of online programs, including undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees and certificate programs.
Reminiscent of the French églomisé style, our Traditional scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury. Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver. The paperweight, most glass products and “mini” products feature black trim. Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang. Boxes include quality brass fittings. Proudly made in America.