Mansfield OH Kingwood Center ~ Antique
The Kingwood Center Gardens is a historic 47-acre site with a house, gardens and greenhouses located in Mansfield, Ohio.
Mr. Charles Kelley King began making his fortune when he was hired by the Ohio Brass Company as its first electrical engineer in 1893. He led Ohio Brass into new ventures, particularly the manufacture of electrical fittings for railroads and trolleys. Mr. King was responsible for much of the company's success and he eventually became president and Chairman of the Board of Ohio Brass. Mr. King was married and divorced twice, and had no children. The house and grounds were built in 1926 for King and his second wife, Luise, with grounds designed by Cleveland landscape architecture firm Pitkin and Mott. One year after his death in 1952, the 47-acre estate opened as a public garden to a private foundation that continues to operate Kingwood Center today.
On November 7, 1976, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
Reminiscent of a fine old English engraving, our Antique scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury. Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver. The paperweight is bordered in black and has a felt bottom. Picture, mirror and wood box are all matted with an antique white mat featuring blue and gold trim. Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang. Boxes include quality brass fittings. Proudly made in America.