Milton Massachusetts ~ Suffolk Resolves House
The Suffolk Resolves House is the building where the Suffolk Resolves were signed on September 4, 1774. The Resolves were an important predecessor document to the Declaration of Independence. At that time, it was owned by Daniel Vose, who at his marriage had combined two existing buildings to make one house. The two parts are shown in the two gallery photographs.
To prevent its demolition in 1950, Dr. and Mrs. James Bourne Ayer moved it from its original location on Adams Street (where Citizens Bank now is) to its present location. They had it restored by William Morris Hunt and later gave it to the Milton Historical Society, for which it serves as headquarters.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 23, 1973.
Reminiscent of the French églomisé style, our Traditional scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury. Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver. The paperweight, most glass products and “mini” products feature blue trim. Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang. Boxes include quality brass fittings. Proudly made in America.