Tufts University ~ Antique
Established in 1852 on land donated by Charles Tufts, and built by the Christian Universalists, the school is now non-sectarian. P.T. Barnum was an early benefactor of the then Tufts College – the Barnum Museum of Natural History was constructed to house his collection of animal specimens including the stuffed hide of Jumbo the Elephant. Boasting an enrollment over 10,000, the Jumbos compete in NCAA Division III athletics.
Our historic scene features Ballou Hall (an academic building) with Goddard Chapel in the distance. Dedicated in 1883 the chapel and its 100’ tower have Romanesque features.
Reminiscent of a fine old English engraving, our Antique scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury. Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver. The paperweight is bordered in black and has a felt bottom. Picture, mirror and wood box are all matted with an antique white mat featuring brown and gold trim. Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang. Boxes include quality brass fittings. Proudly made in America.