Watch Hill Lighthouse
The Watch Hill Lighthouse in Watch Hill, Rhode Island, has served as a nautical beacon for ships since 1745, when the Rhode Island colonial government erected a watchtower and beacon during the Frence and Indian War and Revolutionary War. Destroyed in a 1781 storm, plans were discussed to build a new lighthouse to mark the eastern entrance to Fishers Island Sound and to warn mariners of a dangerous reef southwest of Watch Hill. President Thomas Jefferson signed an act to build the lighthouse in 1806 and construction was completed in 1807. The first lighthouse stood 35 feet (11 m) tall. In 1827 a rotating light was installed to differentiate the light from that of the Stonington Harbor Light in Connecticut. Erosion forced the lighthouse to close in 1855 and move further away from the bluff edge.The next lighthouse, opened in 1856, stands 45 feet (14 m) tall.The lighthouse was automated in 1986 and leased to the Watch Hill Light keepers Association.
Reminiscent of the French églomisé style, our Traditional scenes offer a most distinctive and professional gift of luxury. Well suited for display in either home or office, they are a source of pride for both sender and receiver. The paperweight, most glass products and “mini” products feature blue trim. Mirrors and pictures are ready to hang. Boxes include quality brass fittings. Proudly made in America.